Wednesday 5 November 2014

1940's Wedding Buttonholes

Almost a year ago, I was contact by a fellow blogger, Emily, who blogs over at Emily’s Vintage Visions. 

She asked me whether I would be able to make some of my felt corsages to be used as buttonholes for her wedding!  

I was honoured, and a little overwhelmed, as well as nervous, as I’d never done anything like it before, but I needn’t have been concerned, because Emily was an absolute pleasure to work for.  

The theme for the wedding was 1930’s/1940’s vintage.  Emily chose the colours she wanted, to match the wedding bouquets she was so cleverly making herself, and I set to work on some posy designs using original 1940’s patterns, the end result being these beautiful, bright posies.


For some reason, I didn’t get any proper photographs of the posies before they left England, bound for America, so please excuse the over bright photograph which was taken at night, using my phone!


I posted the package off in May, and was thankful that it arrived safely, but I thought nothing of my little creations until I received a happy email last month to tell me that the wedding had been a huge success, and that my corsages had gone down very well. 

Emily kindly sent me these photographs, taken by Kris Jarrett Phtography and Media Productions, so I could show how they looked on her special day.  You can read Emily’s blog post about her beautiful day by clicking here. 




Congratulations Emily and Cori! x

13 comments:

  1. Oh Wow - they are gorgeous, and so unusual.
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! These are stunning! Well done you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lucy!! :)
    -Emily

    Emily's Vintage Visions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are great and they look amazing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to say I'm wearing my poppy corsage as the moment bought from you last year and I get so many complements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look perfect! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, so good to see them being worn. They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely touch! They are utterly gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to have had your creations used in a wedding. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember your post about the buttonholes so it's interesting to see them in situ so to speak, what a lovely idea to style your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are beautiful and how lovely to make someone's big day so special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to order one of poppies. You can contact me at chevy49girl AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete